Travel Envy – Pumphouse Point, Tasmania

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Our favourite breakfast weather lady is on a tour of Australia, starting in Tasmania. It’s the first time I have ever been excited the watch the weather first thing in the morning. A few weeks ago, the weather was broadcast from Pumphouse Point. I missed the story on account of being a total zombie before at least two cups of coffee, and well, in all honesty, I’m barely conscious until the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 10 (ok, I lie, on 11). But somebody else is a regular busy body in the morning and sent me the link to this place and we immediately agreed it was blog worthy. Located (quite literally) on Lake St Clair in Tasmania, the heritage listed Pumphouse Point is a truly special place to stay. See for yourself…

P.S – you can either stay over the lake or on the equally special shore house. Both are beautiful, both have spectacular views and both are kid-free zones. I have already started planning/saving.

The view from the TAA Seaplane. Not all pilots get a runway like this.

Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 3.14.38 pm

Or you can stay in the Shorehouse

All images via Pumphouse Point

6 comments

  1. i always want to visit tasmania! the last time I went to australia I only stayed in gold coast. the place looks so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....I am left speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a dreamy, romantic place in a magical location. It looks so calm and restful too. No wonder you have started planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such a dreamy, romantic place in a magical location. It looks so calm and restful too. No wonder you have started planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the lake, please and thank you. And someone to bring that amazing meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that real life? Because I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!