As Far As The Eye Can See

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Would you believe me if I told you it’s been nearly a year and a half since we made the Great Move to Aus? Time has quite literally flown for me. Occasionally Jordan and I will recount the madness of the days leading up to the move and looking back on it, it feels like someone else’s life altogether. Do you have moments like that? Last night as I sat on the sofa and surveyed our much loved new apartment, it felt so very much like home. Warm, cozy, inviting (if I don’t say so myself) and filled with new bits and pieces that have new meanings and joy. And as much as I am striving for that minimalist touch, I can’t resist the urge to clutter and collect. I’m learning what can be displayed and what can be packed away for a rainy day. This eclectic California home encompasses everything I love about organised clutter – it served as a reminder that having lots of stuff, need not be a bad thing after all.

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Source | Style Me Pretty

3 comments

  1. It doesn't seem that long since I read about your upcoming move. But, life is like that. Moving fast and slow all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post gave me a much needed breather. I am currently where you were, in the madness of packing and clearing the apartment before Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're happy in your home. I'm so restless right now; I long to feel settled and not stagnant. This space is so lovely. I feel just the way you do. A girlfriend and I used to talk about how we wanted it all: can't my wedding dress be both full-skirted and slender? ;) Can't my house be both minimal and pleasantly cluttered? Except my "pleasantly cluttered" is just full of crap!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!