What a place to eat!

Thursday 5 July 2012

They say you eat with your eyes so surely your dining surroundings should be equally appealing? Well ‘appealing’ might be a little bit of an understatement when it comes to describing the Australasia restaurant in Manchester. Designed by Michelle Derbyshire of Edwin Design, the restaurant is a symphony of blonde with it’s stark brickwork, beautiful pale flooring and creamy seat covers. The fanciness continues into the bathroom with a sharp monochromatic colour scheme and light fittings I would sell my soul for. A quick internet check of the reviews also proves that it’s food lives up to it’s design!

What do you think?

side_wall_with_trees_portrait_2FINAL_bar_boothsFretwork_Boothpicture_frame_tablesFINAL_ladies_WCBar

Images via

8 comments

  1. looks great, and the food is probably amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! :)
    I like that they paid a special attention to the bathroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - I particularly like the trees in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like a golden gleam emanates from every nook and cranny! I wonder what the inspiration was

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I do love those trees...what a cool space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I must go to this restaurant!!! Holy crap. I like everything about it and would spend hours in just the washroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That seating looks super comfy and the tile work in the rest room...swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! All those booth seats, especially the private one, that'd be so cool to eat at with close friends/family. And you can always tell a truly great restaurant by their bathrooms - this one is brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!