Delightful Living!

Monday 16 July 2012

I don’t think a month goes by that I don’t post a bit of inspiration from Sweden. I am beginning to think that perhaps I was Swedish in another life (if not, then I really want to be Swedish in my next life). They just seem to be born with an innate sense of style and good taste – they also seem to be big on having summer cottages on the water! What more could you want really? Below are pictures of a charming summer cottage I found on interiors mag Skona Hem. It features the obligatory abundance of white mixed with brightly painted furniture (both luxury and Ikea items).

What’s your take? Is this your style too?

460x0(ByWidth_TopLeft_Transparent_True)koltorp4koltorpkoltorp3koltorp2

9 comments

  1. A gorgeous find Meghan. I feel the same about Swedish design, and Scandinavian design - they sure know how to do interiors. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bright white summer cottage? yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When can I move in or at least live there for a month of vacation? ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the SMEG fridge and the beautifully painted floors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love all of the details. Ready to move in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mayhaps a bit too white, considering how much I spill and muss things up. But the outside is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could definitely visit this place! But it's a little too white for my taste. Regardless, it's still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want, I want, I want!!! Yes those Swedish people always impress me. I find the same thing always happens to me, finding lovely spaces that are from Sweden. I would do anything for a little cottage like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming, relaxing home. Love the color palette - ahhhhh...

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!