A bit of this and a bit of that…

Monday 2 July 2012

About a month ago, I posted ‘Too Cool for School’ – a very trendy apartment that wasn’t necessarily my taste but something I fell in love with nonetheless. There were some of you who hated it, some of you who loved it and some who didn’t really know what to make of it. I really enjoyed hearing your differing opinions so I thought I would do something similar again by posting this rather eclectic apartment I stumbled across. Once again, it’s not necessarily my style but there are elements that I adore: the white painted bricks, layers upon layers of beautiful artwork and textiles, the fabulously styled bookcase and that inviting outside area.

So what’s your take?

P.S – thanks so much to all of you who commented on my wedding post on Friday! After reading everyone’s comments I felt more reassured and excited about my big day!

amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-1-554x375amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-2-554x398amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-4-554x661amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-5-554x369amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-3amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-6amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-8-554x616amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-7amazing-designers-house-in-a-crazy-mix-of-styles-9-554x785

All images via

13 comments

  1. You know I love personality-packed homes, and for that reason I think this is great. I might not necessarily decorate my home in quite the same way, but there are elements I love. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like a lot of the furniture here (except those plastic chairs - who thinks those are comfortable?!) and the kitchen tiles - not for me. but lots of nice elements in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm giving it a thumbs up too. Sometimes, more is more. And I love when homeowners have so much personality that it just spills right over into their interiors. I also like that it doesn't feel pretentious, just lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! I especially like the mix of colors and patterns and quirky, personal touches. I'd imagine the homeowners must be pretty fun people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE. I love the white and the use of color and just the modern/chic/urban look to it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really my style either but I do like all the different colours in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. May not be my style but I do see lots of elements that are definitely my taste like the antique furniture.Love.Thanks for the eyecandy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's totally one of those apartments that i walked in to and wished i could decorate like it...but i guess when it comes down to it, i'm too much of a neutral lover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot going on here ...... kinda not my scene but it is fun. I need a little more soothing = white and clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Far too much stuff in there for my liking, but as a lover of all styles there are elements of it that I appreciate! With less Colour, furniture, accessories the beautiful and interesting pieces have room to shine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I love it! It's so exuberant and bold ... I don't know if I could live in it but honestly, I'd be game to try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love love it. maybe a bit much at times, but generally I really like it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kitchen wall is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!