Shutters on the Beach!

Thursday 24 May 2012

I don’t often do blog posts about hotels (I know I have mentioned my dislike of the impersonal and generic spaces once or twice before). In order for a hotel to truly impress me, it has to be unique or have rooms that feel and look nothing like hotel rooms at all. Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica fits this criteria well. The rooms look so homely and inviting (fireplaces in hotel rooms… oh the glamour), the beds look as comfortable as clouds, the colour scheme is calming and serene, the location is beyond spectacular and I have even fallen in love with the logo!

What do you expect from hotel rooms? Are you an all-luxury kind of gal or do you just need somewhere clean to lay your head?

shutters_welcome_bicycleshutters_welcome_exterior_beach_twilight24shutters_rooms_suites_guest_room_eveningshutters_rooms_suites_guest_room_sitting_area (1)Untitled-2Untitled-5Untitled-6Untitled-823Untitled-122Untitled-32627292825

All images via Shutters on the Beach

9 comments

  1. It is gorgeous. I attended a wedding here last year and it is exactly as your pics show. I'm definitely a "luxury girl"; camping just doesn't do it for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, as the Mum of three young girls, as long as it's clean, I'm happy - just getting away is a treat. But who wouldn't want to stay at any of your places above?! Gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. god i love a good outdoor fireplace. love. and so far i'm more of a "place to lay my head" but if i can afford it i definitely see luxury hotels in my future. especially if they're like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning hotel! I usually don't splurge to stay somewhere super luxurious - I'd rather spend my money on good food and fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you are really making me want to travel to these stunning places. Going to Travelocity now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean makes me happy too. Nothing worse than being in a room where you don't want to touch anything and you don't want anything touching you. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lordy, lordy, lordy. I must stay here!!! Talk about eye candy everywhere you are in that hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy moly it's gorgeous! All I really worry about is cleanliness, but all the extra perks this one provides are stunning! I tend to put more money into food/drinks and activities :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful! I love how not-hotely it feels.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!