Take me away…

Monday 23 April 2012

Have you ever wondered how long it would take to fill your bath with boiled kettles? Well wonder no more, because I can tell you exactly: 1 hour and 10 minutes – this does not include the necessary 5-minute break to mutter expletives and curse the world in general. Our boiler has been on the blink since Friday morning, and judging from the Exorcist-like noises it’s making, it will be out of action for the foreseeable future. Isn’t it amazing how much we take simple things like heating and hot water for granted? Well I can assure you that when it’s up and running again, I will be one happy lady. In the meantime, please excuse my foul mood while we battle it out with our letting agency! Do we need more escapism? I think yes. Let’s take a little trip to this luxury villa in the Caribbean. Nestled amongst vast tropical gardens, Sunrise House boasts 5 bedrooms, a home theatre, a gym, tennis courts, separate cottages and direct access to its own private beach.

Do we like?

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Images via

18 comments

  1. yes, we like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no i'm so sorry. i hope this gets fixed, stat. also, that house is not even real. beyond dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! An hour and ten minutes? I'm sure this wonderful home has lifted your spirits though, no need for hot baths here! I think this place should actually be my home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you are able to sort things out soon! In the meantime, I will join in the fantasy of this place. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh you have far more patience than me...I'd just forgo the bath ;) Hope things are fixed soon and you can celebrate with a luxurious bubble bath!

    And do you have to even ask? Yes, yes, yes to the amazing home on the water!

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like very much! Your story reminds me of the time when our boiler in Paris went on thr fritz and our concierge didn't understand why we needed to take hot showers on daily basis. Hope the water warms up for you this week - if not, head to the warmer waters of the Caribbean!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Yes, yes and yes! Gorgeous villa. Hope you get back your hot water soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous images.But I think these images would make me feel worse if I was going through boiler problems ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack how annoying! Hope everything gets fixed up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha. that's a LOT of water hauling. impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear! Escapism at it's best me thinkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, that house is to die for! I would love to vacation there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what beautiful pictures!!

    xo
    kat

    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, we like!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, you poor thing. Been there. Hot water sure is nice isn't it?!
    Don't like, LOVE! I want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!