A taste of home!

Thursday 9 February 2012

It’s been a while since I posted about South Africa - you can be sure that when I post about it, it means I’m missing the sunshine, the friendly faces and the beach! When I am feeling particularly homesick, I take to the internet to stalk pictures of home (I’m not sure why really, because it makes me feel more homesick but I just can’t seem to help myself)!  During one of these expeditions, I came across La Petite Dauphine in the wine valley of Franschhoek, near Cape Town. Not only is the scenery perfect and the rooms sumptuous but take a look at the onsite café – the Café BonBon! I love the old-fashioned cash till and the sun soaked courtyard!

Doesn’t it look like the perfect place to grab some lunch and enjoy the view with an ice cold glass of wine?

Click on the image to go to its source.

11 comments

  1. You have no idea how much I'd love to be in a beautiful and warm place like that at the moment. I am so fed up with the cold and grey weather here and can absolutely understand why you'd go searching for these photos... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, is looks heavenly! There's no doubt that there is where I would like to be right now. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Franschhoek was the number one place in SA that blew me away, and so many places did. But it truly was just so beautiful, like heaven. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are fantastic! I really hope to visit South Africa one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning, Meghan! I have extended family from SA and wish I could visit...perhaps some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, but is it wrong that my favourite photo is of the cake?? :)

    PS ~ I've awarded you a "Liebster" award. Check out my blog post today for details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I love that long driveway, fancy schmancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks like a place I could easily while away the time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning. I have family in Cape Town so know first-hand how gorgeous it is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pics are amazing! I would love to go to South Africa. It's definitely on the bucket list!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!