Heavy Metal!

Wednesday 9 November 2011

I think it’s fair to say that the majority of us tend to stick with natural soft furniture and storage in our homes. Although lately, I have seen metal popping up everywhere (particularly as storage furniture). I have been on the fence about it for a while but I now find myself a convert. From wire baskets, to vintage metal lockers to polished aluminium stools, I fell in love with them all! I like that it adds a sort of gritty industrial feel to a space, but I must admit that I prefer it when it is balanced out with soft fluffy textiles, house plants and rustic timber.  How do you feel about metal furniture in your home?

206559466_OyQ4tV4K_c213293474_cjsVyEs7_cimageimageskona hemskona hem 2pinterest 2pinterestIMG_5673imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage   Click on the image to go to its source.

11 comments

  1. Loving all these images.
    The chest in the first one is stunning such a great feature in the room!
    Great post.

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. for me it would have to be subtle - like a chest of drawers or some storage unit. that console the tv is on in the first picture is pretty badass, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these metal industrial pieces! I recently snatched up a vintage metal task lamp that would be right at home with any of these snapshots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this industrial feel. Great blog. Amy x
    http://www.miloandmitzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cool images. I love the industrial look, but would like to balance it out with some nice soft furnishings. Pic 7 is great - those awesome metal drawers, and lamp, with the natural wooden floors, and the lovely soft bed and blanket. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. am loving the metal storage pieces...it's chic and industrial and is so perfect for nearly any style home..fabulous pics..
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the industrial look that meta gives...just not for me personally! Maybe a subtle touch here or there though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a refreshing look at metal and how it can be used throughout the home, making places seem cozy and cool at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, since it adds another layer of texture to the space - especially when combined with something soft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many gorgeous inspirations, Meghan! I think I just fell in love with the light fixtures in the first picture and the cool wire coffee table!

    Great post, thanks for sharing! Have a beautiful weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many gorgeous pics here! I do love a touch of industrial - it looks great in so many settings and mixes with so many styles. I think it just adds a bit of an edge! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!